Non-Profit Case Studies
Community Foundation of Broward
The Community Foundation of Broward (CFB) is a public, tax-exempt, non-profit philanthropic institution that makes significant grants to charitable organizations in the local community through special funds set up by wealthy individuals and businesses.
CFB wanted to increase public awareness of its organization as well as maximize its investment in special events such as the Joint Tax & Estate Planning Seminar and a special program called "Connecting the Generations" with Harvard's highly regarded Philanthropic Advisor, Charles Collier.
Boardroom's public relations goal for CFB was to secure stories that feature CFB, and/or stories that relate to charitable giving that showcase the organization, in select, strategic media consumed by advisors and/or prospective fund holders. Essentially, positioning CFB as the "go to" philanthropy organization in the area.
Boardroom accomplished this through the following strategies:
- We met with key executives and employees at CFB to learn about the organization and its mission.
- Generate trade awareness and brand recognition for CFB by generating news stories and byline articles in the company's targeted media such as:
- Sun-Sentinel (Society, Your Business and Opinion sections)
- Florida Trend
- Channel 10 WPLG
- Go Riverwalk magazine
- Miami Herald
- Daily Business Review
- SoFlorida Magazine
- Estate Lifestyle
- Worked to establish CFB executives as experts in the industry by getting them quoted in news stories and profiled in business publications such as Florida Trend. In addition, Boardroom stayed abreast of hot news topics in which to plug CFB into via opinion pieces in major newspapers and local TV interviews.
- Boardroom coordinated pre- and post-event coverage of key events such as the Joint Tax & Estate Planning Seminar. This included submitting calendar alerts to media, drafting and distributing press releases as well as conducting follow ups with key members of the press. We also attended events to direct the photographer in taking shots of key executives and sponsors. Photos were later submitted with cut lines to local lifestyle publications as well as dailies.
Have a question? Contact us today! 954-370-8999